MediaShout Version 4.5, build 254 has been released as an update for all Version 4 users. To install this update on a MediaShout computer with Internet connection, open MediaShout and go to 'Help > Check For Updates'. The 'Check for Updates' feature is included to keep you up to date in case you miss any of our update emails and forum posts.
If your computer is not connected to the Internet and you need to download from another location, you can download directly using this link (please note, the file size is 84MB).
- Installer & Setup Assistant
- Remote Control Mode updates
- Simultaneous editing of multiple cues
- Added support for HD webcams & video capture cards
A full list of fixes can be found here.
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
Two questions about b254:
1) We have installed b254 onto one of our systems (Win7 Pro - 64 bit; 12GB RAM; i7 (2.80GHz))... now MS starts up showing the splash screen & then tends to freeze for upward of minutes!
What can we do to fix this? This is exceptionally frustrating especially when you are trying to get things ready for services, don't think we should have to fire it "hours" before we want to use it.
2) Have noticed this before, but whenever we upload new releases we seem to have problems with codecs. For example, in the previous load we had our codecs up to date so we could run MOV & H264 videos, but after upgrading now they do not work. So we need to rerun/find the latest codecs.
A) How come this happens?
B) How can we fix this?
C) When you release a new release, Is there a way that you INCLUDE with it the necessary codecs for MS to work with all of the tested video versions, so that it works "out of the box" without needing to go & find the latest codecs to reload them? If not, at least can you include a link to the best source for tested codecs?
EMPLOYEE01. Check your default printer. If you have the option, make Microsoft XPS Document Writer your default printer.
2. Being MediaShout is licensed to use QuickTime, if the MediaLooks (QuickTime) decoders are not set as the default, the update will re-register them.
A. MediaShout has printing functions, so it is looking for a printer that may not be connected.
B. If you are needing to use a different codec, other than QuickTime, to play your MOV and H264 files, you may need to reapply your custom settings. Having other video related software, such as editors, creators and converters, they too can have an effect.
C. Installing additional codecs can have an effect on other video related software and not every user needs to install them. Here is the link you requested. http://support.mediashout.com/entries...